School Boards Election Results Forms Data Services
The following forms are to be used to notify the Ministry of the results of their School Boards elections, Returning Officers should complete the Candidates and Election Results form. Individual trustees should complete the New or Change of Membership of Board of Trustees form previously Appendix F available at the NZSTA website.
School Board elections are one of the biggest democratic events held in New Zealand. Schools and kura around the country seek approximately 12,000 parent representatives to stand for their community in setting the strategic direction, and decision-making for their school. Trustees represent the needs and aspirations of their community to ensure the best possible outcomes for all students at the school or kura.
Information about boards and elections helps the Ministry and NZSTA provide support to school boards and is used for statistical and analysis purposes.
Returning Officers form (Previously Appendices A-E)
- Candidates and Election Results[External Link]
Individual Trustees form (Previously Appendix F)
- New or Change of Membership of Board of Trustees (Appendix F) [External Link]
Where to find out more
- The New Zealand School Trustees Association (NZSTA) provides free advice and support for school boards and returning officers during elections.
- Go to the School Trustee Elections website for information about the election process.
- Further information for parents and boards about school boards and board membership is also available.
- Data and information about school boards
- Results of the School Board of Trustees Elections
- School Boards
For further information about school boards please contact the New Zealand School Trustees Association (NZSTA).
- Te Rūnanga Nui o Nga Kura Kaupapa Māori o Aotearoa also provides support to kura affiliated to the Runanga.
For further advice and support about elections please contact:
- NZSTA's elections website
- NZSTA Election Heldesk 0800 Election (0800 353 284)
- Email: email@example.com
- Or alternatively, contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about completing the form.