School Roll Return Guidelines
These guidelines are for helping schools complete their school roll returns.
Last Updated: February 2015
These guidelines are for all New Zealand schools including state schools, state-integrated schools, private schools and partnership schools.
Current Roll Return Guidelines
- 2015 School Roll Return Guidelines [PDF, 872kb]
Using the School Data Portal to send your Student Data File
- Portal Instructions document [PDF, 305kb]
Current Education Circulars
- Circular 2012/01 [PDF, 227kb]
Circular 2012/01 - Eligibility to enrol in New Zealand schools
This circular is about the eligibility to enrol students in New Zealand schools.
- Circular 2013/07 [PDF, 106kb]
Circular 2013/07 - Auditing of Roll Returns
This circular is about the requirements schools need to take into account when preparing accurate roll returns for resourcing purposes and the documentation schools need to keep in order to provide a clear audit trail.
- Circular 2010/19 - Electronic Attendance Registers
This circular sets out the requirements for all schools using, or intending to use, an electronic attendance management system to manage student attendance and create electronic attendance registers.
Historical Roll Return Guidelines
2014 School Roll Return Guidelines
- All Schools RR Guidelines [PDF, 872kb]
2013 School Roll Return Guidelines
- All Schools RR Guidelines [PDF, 696kb]
2012 School Roll Return Guidelines
- All Schools RR Guidelines [PDF, 1mb]