Annual ECE Census Summary Report 2005 Publications
This is a summary of the results from the July 2005 Early Childhood Education (ECE) annual statistical return of all licensed services and licence-exempt ECE groups. It includes statistics indicating the number of licensed services and licence-exempt ECE groups, number of enrolments, ethnicity of children enrolled and language of communication used by teaching staff. Statistics are also included on staff qualifications and New Zealand Teachers Council Registration Status.
Author(s): Data Management and Analysis, Ministry of Education.
Date Published: March 2006
Key Highlights as at 1 July 2005
- As at 1 July 2005, both the number of licensed services and licence-exempt ECE groups increased from 2004.
- The total number of ECE services at 1 July 2005, increased by 1.4 percent (62) from July 2004. Licensed services increased by 0.7 percent (24) and licence-exempt ECE groups increased by 4.5 percent (38) from July 2004.
- Of the 3,556 (excludes the Correspondence School and Casual-Education and Care) licensed services, 2,461 are community based. The remaining 1,095 are privately owned services.
- Education and Care account for 1,754 services of which 758 are community based and 996 are privately owned services.
- Homebased Networks account for 201 services. There are 102 community based services and 99 privately owned services.
Education Data Requests
If you have any questions about education data please contact us:
Email: Requests EDK
Phone: +64 4 463 8065