Employment Based Initial Teacher Education Literature Reviews Publications
The Ministry commissioned literature reviews of Employment Based (“field-based”) Initial Teacher Education in English Medium (both nationally and internationally) from NZCER.
Author(s): Jenny Whatman, Eliza de Waal, and Jo MacDonald (NZCER)
Date Published: December 2019
The areas of interest for the literature reviews were:
- The use of field-based ITE in New Zealand, presenting evidence about what is happening in this area.
- ITE programmes and how well prepared graduates are to teach.
- An inter-jurisdictional analysis of how other countries make use of field-based approaches to ITE.
- Essential design features of field-based programmes that could be considered to be of high quality.
- Strengths, weaknesses, and challenges of field-based ITE.
Education Data Requests
If you have any questions about education data then please contact us at:
Email: Requests EDK
Phone: +64 4 463 8065