Districts in Auckland Region
- Auckland- Rodney
- Auckland- Hibiscus and Bays
- Auckland- Upper Harbour
- Auckland- Kaipatiki
- Auckland- Devonport-Takapuna
- Auckland- Henderson-Massey
- Auckland- Waitakere Ranges
- Auckland- Great Barrier
- Auckland- Waiheke
- Auckland- Waitemata
- Auckland- Whau
- Auckland- Albert-Eden
- Auckland- Puketapapa
- Auckland- Orakei
- Auckland- Maungakiekie-Tamaki
- Auckland- Howick
- Auckland- Mangere-Otahuhu
- Auckland- Otara-Papatoetoe
- Auckland- Manurewa
- Auckland- Papakura
- Auckland- Franklin
NCEA level 3
A formal school qualification is a measure of the extent to which young adults have completed a basic prerequisite for higher education and training, and many entry-level jobs.
School leavers are identified from the Ministry of Education's ENROL system, while highest school qualification is obtained from schools and the New Zealand Qualifications Authority. Data presented here is for school leavers with NCEA Level 1 and above, level 2 and above and level 3 and above (including a UE Award).
Identical information is available for other territorial authorities in this region by using the drop down menu above. For territorial authorities in other regions first choose the appropriate region from the drop down menu above.Alternatively a large amount of school leaver data is available from our statistical pages. See School Leavers with NCEA Level 3 or UE Award
2017 data have not yet been updated in these tables and will be available shortly. National data are available in Senior Student Attainment statistics.
|Ethnic group||Gender||Below NCEA level 3||NCEA level 3 or above||Percentage with NCEA level 3 or above|
|New Zealand Total||Female||12,120||11,577||11,791||16,824||17,934||17,945||58.1||60.8||60.3|
|New Zealand Total||Male||17,113||16,782||16,228||13,245||14,313||14,776||43.6||46.0||47.7|
|New Zealand Total||Total||29,233||28,359||28,019||30,069||32,247||32,721||50.7||53.2||53.9|
- ‘x’ = data has been suppressed where there are between 0 and 5 students in the denominator for a specific group, for example Asian Females. Where one gender has been suppressed the corresponding gender has also been suppressed.
- Ethnicity is multiple response, that is, students who affiliated in more than one ethnic group have been counted in each ethnic group. Students are only counted once in the total, therefore, the ethnic groups may not sum to the total.
- International fee-paying students are excluded.