Technical Information 2014: Social Studies and English: Reading Publications
In 2014, the National Monitoring Study of Student Achievement (NMSSA) assessed student achievement at Year 4 and Year 8 in two areas of the New Zealand Curriculum (NZC) – English: reading and social studies. This report provides technical information for social studies and English: reading.
Author(s): Educational Assessment Research Unit and New Zealand Council for Educational Research. Report for the Ministry of Education.
Date Published: July 2016
This report contains the following:
Information for Social Studies and English: Reading:
- Sample characteristics for 2014.
- Applying weights to the 2014 NMSSA samples.
- Design effects for the 2014 NMSSA samples.
Information for Social Studies:
- The NMSSA Social Studies assessment framework.
- Regression analysis: the interaction between ethnicity and decile for social studies.
Information for English Reading:
- The knowledge and application of Reading in English assessment framework.
- Curriculum alignment in NMSSA English: Reading 2014.
- Regression analysis: interaction between ethnicity and decile for English: reading.
Education Data Requests
If you have any questions about education data please contact us:
Email: Requests EDK
Phone: +64 4 463 8065