Distance Learning Data Collection Data Services
The Ministry is distributing resource materials (hardpacks and devices) to support students remote learning. As part of the distribution process, we are collecting information to assist us with the identification of:
- students/learners who require resource material to support their remote learning in specific circumstances,
- students/learners who received resource material to support their remote learning, and
- the type and volume of resource material received to support students/learners during a period of remote learning.
Distance Learning Collection Form and Information
- School Distance Learning Instructions and Collection Form [MS Excel 1.1mB]
- ECE Distance Learning Instructions and Collection Form [MS Excel 480kB]
- Privacy Statement for Collection of Resource or Device Distribution Information[MS Word 20.6kB]
- Home Delivery: Resource Needs Collection Form [MS Excel 1.1mB]
- Home Delivery: Privacy Statement Collection of Resource/Device Info via MoE Direct Distribution [MS Word 20.6kB]
- Home Delivery: Frequently Asked Questions[MS Word 15.2kB]
General Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the NSN and where do I find it?
The National Student Number (NSN) is a unique number for every student. You can find the NSN for a student in your Student Management System (SMS) or ENROL.
The NSN is different from other unique IDs that your school or SMS may assign to a student.
2. Why do I need to use the Secure Data Portal (SDP) to return the spreadsheet
The Secure Data Portal allows schools to submit your spreadsheet securely to the Ministry and helps us process your order quickly.
Please don’t send us spreadsheets in an email as this is not secure and will require manual processing.
You may already submit other information and documents such as your School Roll Return or Annual Financial Accounts to the Ministry using the School Data Portal
You sign into the Secure Data Portal using your Education Sector Logon (ESL) userid.
If you are an ECE service provider, please follow the instructions on the ECE collection form and send the file via email to the Data.Team@education.govt.nz
3. How can I make changes to my spreadsheet?
The easiest way for us to process your changes is to resubmit your spreadsheet (via the Secure Data Portal) with your updates.
Please don’t send us your changes in an email as this will require manual data entry which may delay your order.
4. Why do I need to pass the privacy statement on to students and their parents
It’s important that students and their parents or whānau are informed about why and how the Ministry is collecting, storing, using and sharing the information we collect in the spreadsheet.
5. I still need help, who can I contact?
Please email the Ministry’s Data team at Data.Team@education.govt.nz
Home Delivery: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What address do I enter in the spreadsheet?
Enter the address that the student is staying at during lockdown and where we need to send hardpacks or a device. This may be different from their usual address.
2. Why doesn’t the Ministry have the addresses of students?
The Ministry does not always have up-to-date addresses for students and during the lockdown students may be staying at a different address to their usual address. So that student’s receive the resources they need during lockdown, it is important that you provide the address that the student is currently staying at.
3. Why do we need to enter a household contact name and phone number?
This will be used by the courier/delivery company so they can communicate with the household about the delivery of the hardpacks or devices.