Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS)
This index page provides links to data on number of students involved with the Ongoing resourcing scheme (ORS) as at 1 July.
ORS provides support for a very small number of students, with the highest level of need for special education, to help them join in and learn alongside other children at school. Students are funded under either a Very High or a High needs level, and in 2010 a third 'extension' category was created to include an additional 400 students with moderate-to-high special needs, who were older than nine and had missed out on the ORS by a narrow margin in the past.
As at 1 July 2014, there were 8,252 students receiving ORS funding. These students represented 1.1% of the total schooling population. Boys made up 65% of students receiving ORS funding, and the ethnic distribution matched that of the general schooling population. There were 6,086 students (74%) funded at High Need, 1,909 students (23%) funded at Very High need, and 257 students (3%) funded under the extension category of ORS.
The chart below provides a number of downloads relating to the number of students in ORS funding Scheme.
- Number of Students by Time Series 2005-2014 [MS Excel 85KB]
- ORS by Students Ethnicity & Age 2005-2014 [MS Excel 78KB]
- ORS by Student Ethnicity & Regional Council 2005-2014 [MS Excel 78KB]
- ORS by Student Ethnicity & Territorial Authority 2005-2014 [MS Excel 278KB]
- ORS by Student Gender & Ethnicity 2005-2014 [MS Excel 45KB]
- ORS by Student Gender & Age 2005-2014 [MS Excel 45KB]
- ORS by Student Gender & Regional Council 2005-2014 [MS Excel 48KB]
- ORS by Student Gender & Territorial Authority 2005-2014 [MS Excel 123KB]