Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS)
This index page provides links to data on number of students involved with the Ongoing resourcing scheme (ORS) as at 1 July.
ORS provides support for a very small number of students, with the highest level of need for special education, to help them join in and learn alongside other children at school. students are funded under either a Very High or a High needs level, and in 2010 a third 'extension' category was created to include an additional 400 students with moderate-to-high special needs, who were older than nine and had missed out on the ORS by a narrow margin in the past.
As at 1 July 2016, there were 8,753 students receiving ORS funding. These students represented 1.1% of the total schooling population. Boys made up 66% of students receiving ORS funding, and the ethnic distribution matched that of the general schooling population. There were 6,553 students (75%) funded at High Need, 2,063 students (24%) funded at Very High need, and 137 students (2%) funded under the extension category of ORS.
The chart below provides a number of downloads relating to the number of students in ORS Funding Scheme.
- Number of students by time series 2005-2016 [MS Excel 95KB]
- ORS by student decile, ethnicity and age 2005-2016 [MS Excel 62KB]
- ORS by student ethnicity and age 2005-2016 [MS Excel 80KB]
- ORS by student ethnicity and regional council 2005-2016 [MS Excel 93KB]
- ORS by student ethnicity and territorial authority 2005-2016 [MS Excel 341KB]
- ORS by student gender and ethnicity 2005-2016 [MS Excel 52KB]
- ORS by student gender and age 2005-2016 [MS Excel 52KB]
- ORS by student gender and regional council 2005-2016 [MS Excel 54KB]
- ORS by student gender and territorial authority 2005-2016 [MS Excel 149KB]
If you have any queries or would like further statistical information, please email the: Information Officer Mailbox