Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS)
This index page provides links to data on number of students involved with the Ongoing resourcing scheme (ORS) as at 1 July.
ORS provides support for a very small number of students, with the highest level of need for special education, to help them join in and learn alongside other children at school. Students are funded under either a Very High or a High needs level, and in 2010 a third 'extension' category was created to include an additional 400 students with moderate-to-high special needs, who were older than nine and had missed out on the ORS by a narrow margin in the past.
As at 1 July 2017, there were 9,049 students receiving ORS funding. These students represented 1.1% of the total schooling population. Boys made up 67% of students receiving ORS funding, and the ethnic distribution matched that of the general schooling population. There were 6,794 students (75%) funded at High Need, 2,179 students (24%) funded at Very High need, and 76 students (1%) funded under the extension category of ORS.
The chart below provides a number of downloads relating to the number of students in ORS funding Scheme.
- Number of students by time series 2005-2017 [MS Excel 113KB]
- ORS by student decile and ethnicity 2005-2017 [MS Excel 76KB]
- ORS by student ethnicity and age 2005-2017 [MS Excel 96KB]
- ORS by student ethnicity and regional council 2005-2017 [MS Excel 108KB]
- ORS by student ethnicity and territorial authority 2005-2017 [MS Excel 380KB]
- ORS by student gender and ethnicity 2005-2017 [MS Excel 64KB]
- ORS by student gender and age 2005-2017 [MS Excel 64KB]
- ORS by student gender and regional council 2005-2017 [MS Excel 67KB]
- ORS by student gender and territorial authority 2005-2017 [MS Excel 170KB]
If you have any questions about education data then please contact us at:
Email: Requests EDK
Phone: +64 4 463 8065