Resource Teachers Literacy 2016 Data Collection forms
Resource Teachers Literacy (RTLit) are specialist teachers who support and assist staff and students in years 0 to 8 who are experiencing difficulties with literacy learning.
Resource Teachers: Literacy Data Collection
On this page you will find information about this year's collection forms as well as instructions on how to submit your collection forms this year.
Data on students supported by RTLit are collected annually. The purpose of this data collection is to identify the nature of the support the RTLit provided to students during the year, and to report on students' outcomes and progress while receiving RTLit support. The annual report does not cover all aspects of RTLit work. It focuses on the outcome of the students who received the intervention.
In 2016, RTLit are requested to complete two forms:
- A Cluster Overview Form: we will email a link to an online form. Please choose one RTLit per cluster to fill this form in.
- A Student Summary Spreadsheet: every RTLit is requested to fill this form in and return it using the School Data Portal (NOT email). You can ask your school administrator to use the Portal for you.
Changes to the forms from last year
Last year we trialled new electronic surveys for reporting. The majority of questions are the same as last year. We have modified, added and deleted a few questions that did not capture the data we wanted validly, and removed some validation to make the form easier to fill.
2016 Forms Are:
- Cluster Overview Form: This form will be online. You will receive an email with a link to the questionnaire, and only one RTLit per cluster is requested to fill it in, on behalf of the cluster.
- Student Summary Spreadsheet: One form to be filled in for each RTLit. One excel form will contain data for all your students.
Preparing for the 2016 Collection
Before the collection, you will need to:
- Gather the information you need
- Request access to the Schools Data Portal to submit the Student Overview Form, or talk to your school administrator to make sure they can do it for you. Note that access to the School Data Portal has changed in 2016, so you will need a new logon to use it.
2016 Data Collection Forms
You will receive a link to the online survey by email. Please choose one RTLit per cluster to fill in the form. If you have not received the email by 1 November, and need to fill this form, please email RT.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: This form consists of only one page of questions. Once you have answered all the questions on that page, click Next and then Done to submit.
- Student Summary Spreadsheet: Every RTLit needs to fill in this form. You will need to save this spreadsheet on your computer, fill it, and then send it using the Schools Data Portal (see below). Please remove all students' names before submitting, and do NOT send by email.
- If you have trouble using the form, please email RT.email@example.com
Submitting 2016 Data Collection Forms
Please Note: All forms should be submitted to the Ministry by: Friday 16 December 2016.
Schools Data Portal Instructions: You can either request access to the Portal and send your file yourself, or ask your school administrator to send the file using the Portal for you.
If you have questions
Resource Teachers Literacy
For queries about Resource Teachers Literacy (RTLit) please contact the: RT Literacy Mailbox